MINO BIMAADIZIWIN - Building Innovative Pathways to Indigenous Employment
Skills Partnership Fund (SPF) Innovative Education and Training Programs include, but are not exclusive to:
- First Nations Pre-Employment and Education Program (FNPREP):
- An alternative continuing education model primarily for both on-reserve and off-reserve First Nation Citizens of the nine AETS First Nation Communities
- Co-ordinated service with existing community partners both on and off reserve
- Facilitated educational component to build capacity for Adult Learners, by providing a:
- High School Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition (PLAR) Process (Download) / PLAR Application (Download)
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) credits/diplomas in co-operation with Biigtigong Nishnaabeg - Endzhu-ghkinoohmaading Private High School - Inquire Now about Independent Learning Course, Study Course, Land Based Course(s)!
- Laptop Loan Program - Inquire Now!
- Internet Connectivity Loan Program - Inquire Now!
- Cell Phone Path to Employment Pilot Project - Inquire Now!
- Elders In-Residence Support - Inquire Now! & Literacy Program
- Seven Sacred Teachings Award - Inquire Now!
- Job Development & Life Skills Support - Inquire Now!
- Aboriginal Leadership Program
- Part I - Indigenous Workplace Inclusion Community Events: Strategies Moving Forward Fall 2017 & Part II Virtual Improv Indigenous Workplace Inclusion Event March 25, 2021
- Aviation Technician - Aircraft Maintenance
- Chainsaw Certification - Coming Soon!
- DZ Driver’s Training
- Employment Advisor Certification Program for each of the 9 AETS First Nations
- Food Services Worker Certification - Inquire Now!
- Forest & Mechanized Harvesting
- Indoor Environmental Quality and Hazardous Building Materials Training - Coming Soon!
- Indigenous Entrepreneurship Course Training - Another Spring 2021 Delivery Coming Soon!
- Industrial Millwrights
- Line Crew Ground Support
- Line Cutting
- Mining Sector - Carpentry Training Program/Wage Subsidy
- Personal Support Workers
- Conversational French
- Sawmill Workers
- Security Certification - Coming Soon!
- Supercom Training Program Supports - (i.e.: Tier 1, 2, 3, 4)
- SPF Evaluation Link: Introductory SPF Project Evaluators - Telephone Survey Video:
Project Officers Contacts:
Communities: Biigtigong Nishnaabeg - Pic River First Nation, Michipicoten First Nation, Pays Plat First Nation, Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg - Pic Mobert First Nation
Communities: Animbiigoo Zaagi’igan anishinaabek - Lake Nipigon Ojibway, Biinjitiwaabik Zaagi’igan anishinaabek - Rocky Bay First Nation, Bingwi Neyaashi Anishinabek - Sand Point First Nation, Kiashke Zaaging Anishinaabek - Gull Bay First Nation, Red Rock Indian Band
Bonnie Cordone, Regional Western Officer