The AETS Resource Centre and Staff are available for the client's job search from Monday to Friday between 9:30 am and 4:30 pm. Assistance to clients is available in the preparation of cover letters, resumes, employment applications and related job search tools. The available computer workstations have internet access, for purposes of allowing the Job Seeker to search for online employment opportunities.
• Telephone use for Job Search
• Faxing, Copying, Printing for Job Search
• Online Job Posting Board and an internal office Job Posting Bulletin Board
Continuing Education Assistance
Job Search Support and Strategies
AETS is pleased to have an Elder in Residence and website located here in Thunder Bay, with a weekly rotation of Elders from each of the nine AETS First Nation communities.
The Elder in Residence offers support and guidance for clients continuing their education and training for careers, and is a resource for supporting client personal growth. The Elder role also includes offering teachings for clients, staff, and others that:
- Enhance the Cultural Perspective
- Build Relationships with both the Indigenous and Non-Indigenous Community
- Promote Awareness of Culture and Traditions
- Address Social and Cultural Issues
- Provide a Mentor/Role Model
- Promote Harmony.
An Elder in Residence is available and can be scheduled by speaking with the AETS Administrative Assistant at 807-346-0307 or via email at email@example.com.