AETS - Administrative Assistant - Thunder Bay
(Full time starting in September 2017)
Serving the First Nation Citizens of: Animbiigoo Zaagi’igan Anishinaabek, Biigtigong Nishnaabeg, Biinjitiwaabik Zaaging Anishinaabek, Bingwi Neyaashi Anishinaabek, Kiashke Zaaging Anishinaabek, Michipicoten First Nation, Pays Plat First Nation, Pic Mobert First Nation, and Red Rock Indian Band.
You are sincere in your passion to assist in the development of a skilled Indigenous workforce, through the provision of individual and community based employment and training initiatives. You have demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service skills and excel at embracing diversity while establishing rapport with clients.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the incumbent will provide operational support as well as be assigned specific responsibility related to the organizations’ vision, mission, values and strategic plan that will serve the First Nation Citizens of the AETS nine member participating communities. The role includes but not limited to, working with staff, committees, stakeholders and clients for a wide variety of duties to:
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to all members of staff, as directed by verbal or written instruction
- Maintain working schedules and engagement calendars of staff
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for staff
- Co-ordinate the logistical aspects of team programs, such as meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, events, website including job postings and press releases, social media and inputting client and project information into client database
- Review documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for signature of staff for format, content, grammar, and spelling; make edits as necessary
- Prepare draft reports and regular statistics, background documentation, and research
- Receive and screen all inbound telephone calls, e-mails, and visitors to the office; refer and/or redirect calls, e-mails, or visitors as applicable
- Co-ordinate office activities; troubleshoot or escalate basic office administration issues
- Receive incoming mail; review, evaluate, and distribute correspondence requiring priority attention of staff
- Facilitate communication from staff, Board of Directors, and the Board Executive
- Maintain daily appointment calendars of members of staff
- Complete travel expense reports and cheque requests as required
- Take and transcribe notes of highly confidential subjects, including minutes of executive meetings
- Prepare presentations and assist clients with job search and cover letter and resume preparation
- Present a positive and professional image of the office to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions
Qualifications: Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree preferred. Experience in service delivery of labour market programs; or a combination of education & training with minimum of 3 years related work experience in labour market program delivery and working with a client database. Excellent interpersonal skills; a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook; previous experience in working with First Nation clients; Valid Class G Driver’s Licence and willingness for some travel preferred.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter (including a salary range), resume and the names of three references by Friday August 25, 2017at 12:00pm via aets%23org|aets to:
c/o Anishinabek Employment and Training Services
277 Park Avenue, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7B 1C4
First Nation Citizens of the AETS nine member participating communities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are asked to identify the First Nation Community in the requested cover letter.
We appreciate your interest; however, only those interviewed will be notified.