Indigenous Workplace Inclusion Event
REGISTER NOW FOR THIS FREE EVENT!
Do you want to hire Indigenous Peoples and create a more Inclusive Workplace?
Individuals or groups from organizations and businesses are welcome to join on Thursday March 24th, 2022 from 1:00 pm (EST) to 2:30 pm (EST).
Join our event and learn where your organization or business is on the Inclusion Continuum. The enterprise-wide Workplace Inclusion System designed by Indigenous Works helps companies climb the seven-stage Inclusion Continuum by diagnosing the organizational competencies needed to achieve increased engagements and relationships with Indigenous Peoples, businesses and organizations. Stronger Indigenous employment and workplace outcomes will be realized.
Join us as Indigenous sketch comedy troupe Tonto’s Nephews bring each stage of the Inclusion Continuum to life live on stage, as they interpret the program and principals.
Tonto’s Nephews is an all-Indigenous troupe of professional actors, writers, and comedians that perform Improv and Sketch Comedy. A first-rate ensemble of professional comedians, the Nephews have been seen on stages across North America. They have also been featured in television and film productions such as The Royal Canadian Air Farce, The Rez, Dance Me Outside, GC Kids, Real Rez Blues, Due South, Northwood, and many more.
As a part of the event, all registrants have the opportunity to order a complimentary lunch (if you register before March 21 2022)or gift.
- Lunch is provided by Rooster’s Bistro for curbside pickup or delivery via Driverseat. The menu includes: Wild Rice Soup, Garden Salad with house dressing, Bannock, Mixed Berries & Cranberry Juice, as well as an AETS Chocolate Cookie
- Gift in lieu of lunch from Ahnisnabae Art Gallery: A 6”x 9” Print with an artist statement with an AETS Chocolate Cookie
1:00 PM (EST) – VIA ZOOM PLATFORM - INTRODUCTORY REMARKS & GREETINGS
- Welcoming from AETS Board of Directors President, Sharon Ostberg
- Opening Prayer and Smudging
- Message from AETS Executive Director, John DeGiacomo
- Message from Indigenous Works President, Kelly Lendsay
- Message from Magnus Theatre Company Northwest, General Manager, Alexis Rowlinson
1:15 PM (EST) - VIA ZOOM PLATFORM - PERFORMANCE BY TONTO’S NEPHEWS
- Artist Introductions by Magnus Theatre Company Northwest, Artistic Director Thom Currie
- Performance by Tonto’s Nephews: 7 Acts based on the 7 Stages of the Inclusion Continuum
EVALUATION SURVEY LINK: Following the event, watch for an email that includes an evaluation of the event. All those that fill out the evaluation will be entered into a draw to win 1 of 8 $25 Tim Horton’s gift cards.
Please register by Monday March 21st, 2022. Once registered for this event you will be emailed a confirmation, followed by a second emailed message closer to the event with login details and instructions on how to participate on ZOOM as well as how to offer feedback after the event.
*Please ensure your complete all fields or your registration will not go through. Once you click "Register" you should be re-directed to a thank you page that confirms your registration to the event.