420 Winnipeg AveThunder Bay, OntarioP7B6B7
Under the General Supervision of the Program Supervisor, performs duties relative to the registration of departmental program and services and the control and admittance of Canada Games Complex.
Social and Community Service Worker
17.34-18.05 per hour
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
- Opens and closes the facility as per procedures.
- Admits and performs clerical/cash/computer duties for members, program participants, groups and day users. Is responsible for accurate accounting of all sales and day cash balances reports.
- Promotes and sells Canada Games Complex memberships and programs throughout counter sales and Registration Hot Line.
- Participates in the registration of Community Services Department programs and services to the general public.
- Processes and maintains files related to the registration of Community Services department programs and members at specified dates.
- Adopts tele-marketing procedures to increase membership renewals and sends out renewal notices to all members at specified dates.
- Answers telephone and counter inquires concerning the operation and services of the Canada Games Complex. Directs all calls and messages to the appropriate persons.
- Books courts, controls equipment usage and makes sure locks, keys and towels are available to patrons.
- Sells coupons and gift certificates for the Canada Games Complex, Community Recreation and the golf courses.
- Performs public relations functions at the Services Desk (tours, minor complaints, inquires, cancelled classes, etc.)
- Follows the procedures for the collection of returned cheques, DDS rejection debits and payments for invoices.
- Adopts a safe and responsible operation of all equipment and work station while maintaining a clean environment.
- Regularly attends and participates in Services and general Staff meetings.
- Acts as an Emergency Co-coordinator in absence of full-time Services Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Grade 11 education
- An ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with the public
- Experience in handling money and the ability to operate automated/computerized equipment is required
- Some post secondary education and/or experience in business, recreation, sports or fitness is an asset
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
- Must have or obtain within three months of employment, first Aid and CPR certification and WHMIS (courses available throughout employer)
- Must obtain Customer Service training at the first available opportunity
- Must undergo a successful Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC)
- Hours of work must not exceed 24 hours per week
Please apply online at