Deadline Date: December 31, 2020
Are you an outgoing person and a natural carer looking for a rewarding experience?
We are actively seeking individuals looking for meaningful opportunity to support children, adults and seniors with a developmental or physical disability, or chronic health condition in Thunder Bay and Thunder Bay District.
Share your interests, build your skills and have fun all while giving caregivers in your community a much needed break and giving individuals a chance to participate in social and recreational activities.
Diverse opportunities and flexible hours available. Suitable for college/university students (must be 18 years or older).
Direct respite providers:
• Are committed to making a difference in the lives of others
• Are people with experience or interest in supporting individuals with developmental disabilities
• Are punctual, reliable and respectful of the family/individual
• Are committed to providing quality life experiences in home and in the community
• Are independent support workers
• Have a variety of skills and experience levels
- Posting Date:
- October 2, 2020
- Thunder Bay and THunder Bay District
- Start Date:
- negotiated with family
- Number of positions:
- ongoing recruitment
- Days of work:
• Provide safe, stimulating and recreational support both in the home and in the community
• Provide care and supervision according to the individuals needs
• Provide respite/support services as requested by the parent/guardian
• Network with community groups, facilitate inclusion and act as a positive role model
• Maintain communication with the local respiteservices.com Program Coordinator(s)
• Proven availability to work one-to-one with persons with developmental disabilities and/or physical disabilities
• Effective strategies relating to community integration, advocacy, behaviours and communication; verbal and/or non-verbal populations
• Strong ability to work as both a representative of one of Canada's most successful respite programs and as an independent contractor.
• Willingness to create schedules, working with invoicing systems, and plan meaningful activities
• Commitment to providing quality life experiences in home and in the community
• Experience providing care and support to persons with disabilities is an asset
•First Aid and CPR is an asset
• Access to a vehicle an asset
• Vulnerable Sector Check required
Respiteservices.com is an online registry of direct respite providers available to families of individuals with disabilities. Families use this database to engage screened direct respite provider to help their family members in day to day activities of daily living, engage in their community while providing opportunities for caregiver respite.
Please not that Respiteservices.com does not employee direct support professionals, but helps connect them with families in need of support. Rate of pay, as well as hours and conditions of work are negotiated between the family and the direct support professional.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- December 31, 2020
- How To Apply:
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Brittany Fryia, Direct Funding Coordinator, at email@example.com. We thank all for their application, however only candidates who meet the qualification criteria will be contacted for an interview
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Brittany Fryia
- Position Title:
- Direct Funding Coordinator
- Company Name:
- 1703 Victoria Ave E
- Thunder Bay
- Postal Code:
- P7C 1C8
- Web Address: