Contract Services Clerk
Deadline Date: July 30, 2021 11:59 pm EDT
Do you consider yourself to be highly organized with strong interpersonal and analytical skills and experienced in providing administrative and clerical support? Consider this opportunity to apply your administrative and organizational skills as an integral part of a team in this diverse and challenging role.
- Posting Date:
- July 16, 2021
- Thunder Bay
- 615 James St S
- Start Date:
- $24.52 - $28.51 Per Hour
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Business, Finance and Administration
As a member of this highly effective team, you will:
• receive and reconcile invoices for various construction and maintenance programs, verifies charges and supporting documents
• provide information to field staff on payment and contract administration policies and procedures
• monitor expenditures to ensure sufficient funds are available
• maintain Operations office inventories of assets including Fleet, cellphones, cameras and specialized construction equipment
• provide support to Maintenance Coordinators and Superintendents to ensure the maintenance inventory management procedures are followed
• provide administrative support in day-to-day activities such as arranging meetings, purchasing supplies, organize and maintain manual and electronic filing systems
• You have knowledge of administrative and financial processes and procedures as well as financial systems to reconcile expenditures, and process payments
• You have knowledge of contract administration procedures for payment verification
• You have well developed organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
• You have research skills to gather data and information
• You have good mathematical skills to verify invoices for accuracy
• You have excellent computer skills including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and database
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You have demonstrated interpersonal skills including tact and diplomacy
• You can liaise with stakeholders and convey information or explanations and prepare responses for information and financial requests
OPS Commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti- racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions. Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
- Closing Date/Apply by:
- July 30, 2021 11:59 pm EDT
- How To Apply:
1. You must apply online.
2. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
3. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We
rely on the information you provide to us.
4. Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
5. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
6. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministryspecific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Friday, July 30, 2021 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Employer Contact Information
- Contact Name:
- Ministry of Transportation
- Position Title:
- Company Name:
- Ministry of Transportation
- Thunder Bay
- Postal Code:
- Web Address: