Deadline Date: Friday, December 6,2019 @ 12pm
1 Temporary contract until March 2020 1 Full time contract until march 2021 Both positions have potential to be continued.
- Posting Date:
- Nov 19/19
- Thunder Bay
- 285 Red River Rd.
- Start Date:
- Jan 2020
- 35 wk
- Number of positions:
- Days of work:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Social Science, Education, Government Service and Religion
- Duties:You are sincere in your passion to assist in the development of a skilled Indigenous workforce, through the provision of individual and community based employment and training initiatives. You have demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service skills and excel at embracing diversity while establishing rapport with clients.
Your preferred post-secondary education in Business or Social Sciences or Skilled Trade is complemented with related experience. Ideally, you have office experience and proficient in using Microsoft Office Products. Under the direction of the Executive Director and in co-operation with the Proposal & Partnership Development Officer, the incumbent will provide operational support as well as be assigned specific responsibility related to the organization's vision, mission, values and strategic plan that will serve the First Nation citizens of the AETS nine member participating communities.
The role includes but not limited to, working with staff, committees, stakeholders, participants, potential participants to:
- Support the co-ordination and implementation of the Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program (PATP) “General Carpentry and/or the Drywall, Acoustics, and Lathing Applicator programs
- Recommend and help integrate marketing strategies to effectively promote the requirements of the Pre-apprenticeship Training Program in order to secure ideal candidates
- Participate in strengthening recruitment, screening, selection and orientation of program participants, training providers and employer community projects
- Implement outreach strategies for participants to foster success in the program
- Monitor program budgets and participants throughout the duration of program, as well as completes compliance and other program reports
- Works as a liaison between AETS and delivery partners and networks to ensure delivery requirements are fulfilled
- Assist in planning and delivery of Graduation program for participants
- Qualifications:Qualifications: Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree in Business or Social Science related discipline or Skilled Trade. Experience in service delivery of labour market programs including trades; or a combination of education & training with minimum of 3 years related work experience in labour market program delivery. Excellent interpersonal skills; a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; previous experience in working with First Nation clients; Must have a valid Class G Driver's Licence and willingness to travel.Misc.:Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter including a salary range, resume and the names of three references by Friday, December 6, 2019 at noon (12:00pm) via firstname.lastname@example.org to: Recruitment Committee c/o Anishinabek Employment and Training Services 285 Red River Road, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7B 1A9Closing Date/Apply by:Friday, December 6,2019 @ 12pmHow To Apply: